Meetings?

Upcoming meetings, gatherings and group rides.

Meetings?

Postby Dragonknee » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am

So... Jay and I were talking and he seemed to think that people over in Sequim were wanting to start having more meetings over there. I am not opposed to what ever others want. I will continue to hang out for a while at the Cornerhouse on the 3rd thursday for those that want to have them over here. I don't want to be the direction finder for this group. I have a lot of time tied up in driving for work and its getting old... I drive 1200 or more miles a month. Its up to those that want the group to continue to start posting and arranging these get togethers and if I can make it I will try. It has been a good group to get to know and I hate to lose that. Whatever works for the masses is great with me.... My goal as I told Jay was that I want to get more rides going and helping others work on bikes that need work... Jays comes to mind... If there is anyone that would like to be a administrator for this page, please step up and talk with Bill and he can arrange that...I don't want to lose friends that I have met and do want to continue to check things out and hang out....Lets make it happen....New blood is good. Thanks
Dragonknee

Meeting/Gathering locations

Postby beckyandrichard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:49 pm

I am certainly a newcomer and do not know the history of the group but if there is some resistance to travel distances, what if the meetings or gatherings were rotated from East to Central to West each month? It might be that people in the far west would not attend the eastern meetings and vice versa. That would mean that more people would attend a centralized meeting. Maybe there could be somewhat smaller gatherings at different people's garage/workshops. Maybe there could be a per month sign up. I know we have a lot going on in our garage with one CB160 going from street to race and a CB350 going from race to Cafe Street Racer. We could probably accommodate a somewhat smaller group on an RVSP basis.

Richard and Becky on Marrowstone
beckyandrichard

Re: Meetings?

Postby Dragonknee » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:45 am

All great suggestions, it seems that we don't have much traffic on the page now due to the lack of responses and thats part of the problem. I started these to get people together and to hang out with others that want to do the same. We have a good group of people and lots of knowledge....but not many ride or use Facebook or simular media, it makes it difficult. I was glad that we found a place like Cornerhouse that could host 5 to 20 if needed and thats kinda why we went to Cornerhouse. I talked with the owner that had been under the impression that we were going to be there on the 3rd Thursdays....so at the very least just to keep things good there we should let them know that we are not coming. If other places are wanted to be used as meetings then putting it up and doing it on a day where people that travel can set it up in their day is good.... I have no problem with whatever the group decides, its your group too. Being involved in a group has its challenges and lord knows that spending time on this site would help...but the problem is that you can go at it for a while and then it dies off and stagnates.... If we all want to have these things around then making the effort to post and attend is required... When meeting new people who wanted to attend it was also a great reason for having a regular meeting place each month to try and draw new members in....Just a thought, not that we have a lot of newby's heading in yet...but its a thought..
Dragonknee

Re: Meetings?

Postby Dragonknee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 am

I was hoping this would bring some discussion to the group... John and George and others chime in and lets figure this out... It would be nice to hammer out a solution. Is there a chance that a meeting in Sequim could be on another night and then we could have two going... miss one go to the other... I'm not seeing a lot of discussion and I was looking for it with this post.. We can't change things if we don't chat about it. I have been thinking about changing the direction of the summer time activity's to riding get togethers which would be outside of the 3rd Thursday meeting...Thoughts?...
Dragonknee

Return to Gatherings