Exploring the loop June 12th weekend

Upcoming meetings, gatherings and group rides.

Exploring the loop June 12th weekend

Postby LandofRath » Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 am

I have about 10 riders (so far) that want to come out to the Pen for a weekend and explore the loop. I think 4-5 of us are coming out to Port Orchard on Friday and meeting up at the Slaughter County Brewery for a pint or two if anyone is free.
Then Saturday Morning meeting the rest near the ferry and headed up the Ridge. From there we will explore some on the way out towards Forks.

Any advice on places to ride? You all know that end of the Peninsula better than I do..
LandofRath

Re: Exploring the loop June 12th weekend

Postby Dragonknee » Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 am

Good times out here, try riding the Hwy 112, but take your time. The road is a great road for corners but very ruff and lots of traffic sometimes. When you get to the end of that road you can ride out to Neah Bay by turning right or head to the left down burnt mountain, nice sweepers and great fun. When coming to the end of that road if you turn right you go to Forks and if you turn left and you head to Lake Cresent... Nice road but its federal and speeds are slow and the road is usually busy but beautiful and a great ride. Those roads will take up a lot of the day...
Dragonknee

Return to Gatherings