Sun is out are you?

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Sun is out are you?

Postby Dragonknee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Who's been out riding and where have you gone?
Dragonknee

Re: Sun is out are you?

Postby Dragonknee » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 am

I have been camping and working on my house.... Projects.. Im hoping to get out to ride this weekend but have to clean out 3 tin sheds of years of accumulation and then I have to get the sheds out of the back yard so that I can put another shed back in that was given to me.... then I get to paint the house and so on and so on.... I want to live vicariously thru the exploits of others......
Dragonknee

Postby BluK100RS » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 pm

It has been a week since a bit of riding. Took a 5 day ride, with no particular destination or route. Wanted to get into some dry and warmer country. Began with heading down Hood Canal, turning south before Olympia and wandered backroads to Hwy 12 and rode east over White Pass to Yakima. Thought about taking 25 south from Randle but decided not to as the weather was questionable. Still got a bit of rain on the top of the pass, but it felt good, as the temperature was in the 80's. Yakima was Hot, but acceptable, Turned south from Yakima and headed for Goldendale, and found a nice campground just before Goldendale and made camp in the late afternoon. Next morning it was breakfast in Goldendale and rode south down on 142 through Klickitat to Lyle on the Columbia gourge. Great piece of country. At Lyle we turned east and stopped at Maryhill museum for a tour and proceeded south crossing into Oregon, at Biggs junction. Our ride continued through Wasco, to Condon, on to Fossil, Spray,and south to Hwy26 and turned east. The temperature at Mitchell was 90 degrees, and we got some beer and headed for Ochoco summit and a campground we were familiar with. At the summit the temperature was perfect, as we set up camp. The next mornings ride into Prinville was sunny and cool, where we had breakfast. Our route this day took us down the backroad Century Drive from Bend to Crescent Lake. The camp at Crescent lake was at a private campground with good showers. Next morning found us on the road early as usual, headed to La Pine for breakfast and continueing south and east towards Lakeview, but we got sidetracked out to Ft Rock, and ended up wandering through Christmas Valley and east to Wagontire, and north to Burns, and finally north up into the mountains to a campground just south of Seneca. The campground was the site of an infestation of insects eating the pine needles, killing the trees, and they were in turn being eatten by a beetle. The green worns were everywhere. The next day found us in John Day for breakfast, and it was here that I parted paths with my riding partners and headed for home, retracing some of my ride north to the Columbia Gorge, over to the Washington side and west to I-5, and blitzing home. The old BMW K100RS ran great the whole trip, and after a bit of cleaning, made it to the PA Powersports get together the next day.

So I guess I can say, It's nice to be retired and to do some riding.

Art
BluK100RS

Postby Lotus54 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 pm

There are some great roads that way.
Some buddies of mine were just down central Oregon also.

I out in the dirt this weekend.

Mark
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby Dragonknee » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:42 am

Bill and I are meeting at the Cornerhouse at 8 am on monday and riding down to the Ridge racetrack in shelton... Joiners can tag alone if the want to meet us there.... Should be a good day for a ride
Dragonknee

Postby DougErickson » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 am

We poked around Marrowstone Island on the Bonneville, not a big adventure but it sure was pretty.
DougErickson

Postby Lotus54 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Was there an event at The Ridge?

What a great track!

Here is a short video of Me on my 250. Still learning the bike and track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQe_lQX_0UU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mark
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby Dragonknee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 am

Went down to watch a friend and what a cool track. Makes you want to ride it bad
Dragonknee

Postby Dragonknee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 am

It was a great ride down with Bill Rowland. We took the hood canal down and it was a spirited ride. I do like that road but not a big fan of the tourist movement... I know its a need part of the economy but... still the weather is here and we like it too....
Dragonknee

Return to General Discussion