Dammit... I got another bike...Yea...

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Dammit... I got another bike...Yea...

Postby Dragonknee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am

Had to have another 2 Stroke and so yep....Got it...Pics soon. Its a RD350
Dragonknee

Re: Dammit... I got another bike...Yea...

Postby John H » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:44 am

This is about the longest you have gone between buying bikes, unless you have been holding out on us.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Da Nag » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 am

Too cool. Had an RD400 in my youth. One of the few I really regret selling - even more so than the H2.

If I can ever stop buying/selling modern bikes, an RD is one of the top contenders for my first vintage purchase.
Da Nag

Postby Dragonknee » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:02 pm

My goal is to own things that I can register classic plates and easy to work on. I wanted a bike from my first year of riding, 1975. This is a great bike for sure. Summer time is coming
Dragonknee

Postby SuzukiAlan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:17 am

Have been away for a while ... mostly Spain hiking the Camino de Santiago de Compostela ... sighted locally made bikes like Bultaco & Montesa, etc. (If you're ever in Barcelona you MUST visit the museum of Spanish-only bikes, it'll blow you away.)

Anyway, back to your RD350: I had the first one, a '73, which was quite a bit faster than my '74 because it was the only year they polished the ports. Great bikes - but in '84 I got the hots for the new V-Max & asked the dealer for a test ride. "Absolutely not," said he, "I know what you fellas intend to do with it (meaning burnouts), "but I'll be happy to put you on the back for a demo." My youthful ego would not allow a pillion ride, so I asked what else they had in stock, he showed me the also-new RZ350, I demo'd it and bought it on the spot.

Have not ridden my Daytona 955i since last fall and after I get the neglected yard back in shape, would be interested in attending some events. Is anything going on?

AJ
SuzukiAlan

Postby Dragonknee » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Things are still happening on the 3rd thursday at the Cornerhouse at 630 which is this next thursday... Not tomorrow.. I have a RD350 for sale with a new motor in it because I bought a Rz350... .See you there thursday... https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/ ... 80043.html
Dragonknee

Postby SuzukiAlan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:35 am

Dragonknee wrote:Things are still happening on the 3rd thursday at the Cornerhouse at 630 which is this next thursday... Not tomorrow.. I have a RD350 for sale with a new motor in it because I bought a Rz350... .See you there thursday... https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/ ... 80043.html

"Whoa," said I, and clicked on your craigslist ad but ... but no joy because it was gone, evidently because (sniff) it's sold.
Congratulations on your RZ, though; probably at the top of my long list of bikes owned.
You're talking about Thursday, June 20th? Am in Port Townsend and unfamiliar with the "Cornerhouse" - is that in P.A.? Thursday is currently open and if the weather holds, might ride my cherry Daytona 955i over to show it off; does 16 years old qualify at least as "semi-vintage"? Plus if the meeting is in P.A., I'd like to introduce the Triumph to what I hear is a very nice pair of bike-repairers in town...
Alan J.
SuzukiAlan

Postby Dragonknee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Alan, its still kinda for sale. I pulled it off because I got offered a trade and I'm waiting to see if its something that will work. If someone were will to buy it that I knew, I would probably sell because I need the cash for up grades on the bikes I have. 8-) If your interested your ok to let me know and you could come check it out.
Dragonknee

Postby John H » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Didn't you always want a Honda XR250R? Still has original tires on it with approximately 20 hours since new.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Dragonknee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Yep John I do like the XR250's... But right now I'm cash poor and traded the RD for the truck I wanted.... More details to come soon
Dragonknee

Return to General Discussion