Direction of the group and activity's for the next year

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Direction of the group and activity's for the next year

Postby Dragonknee » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 am

So we have new members and we have lurkers and we have the main group of people that have been hanging since the beginning. What is it that we need to be doing to get more from the group for all.. I have wanted to start rides and get some group gatherings going that include going to other rides and things like the Lemay museum. If there is a better way to get more from the get together's and to increase the membership and participation in the group...Lets start doing it and see what we can do... Ideas? Thoughts? Directions? If we can get 5000 or more views on Johns rebuild of his Triumph imagine what we could do if we start pulling together and making a go this group.
I will start with monthly rides to get those that still ride out and riding. How about to a resturant and have some lunch. What about going to the Lemay where Brown has his collection?... Things like this would be great...I for one would like more rides and such. Lets make it happen.... ;)
Dragonknee

Re: Direction of the group and activity's for the next year

Postby Dragonknee » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:31 am

Pretty sure that this is a good start to getting a riding/hanging group of people interested. Not sure why there is no responses but.... You get out of this group what you put in to it... Lets try and do better then 10 views and no responses in 3 days... :?
Dragonknee

Postby ATinkerer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:55 am

Jim,

I don't do well on group rides. Don't have a lot of problems with group meet ups at a location, but not into crowds. Paranoia kicks in badly with more that 10 ~ 15 folks in a confined area.

Gordon
If it isn't smoking, it's broken.
ATinkerer

Postby John H » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm

It's clear to me that viewers like 'show and tell' posts. I challenge others to do the same.
I have notices as many as 30 guest viewers at one time on the Olymoto site. Who are these guests? Locals I would hope.
How about another garage crawl?
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Dragonknee » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Gordon, I feel the rides will not be big ones...and John we know that your a remarkable builder and I for one couldn't post a build as could as yours for sure. I'm just looking for ideas and things to do more then gather and eat dinner. I know that lots of the group don't ride much and there are others that do. I look to having get togethers for rides on weekends for those that can go and group get togethers for those that can't ride but want to hang out... With dinner and hangs and rides that 3 events in a month... Again I just want to encourage those that look at the site and those that participate come together and chat... Good things will come from it. :D
Dragonknee

Postby Lotus54 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:55 pm

I’m not much into group rides for a number of reasons- but meeting at someplace to visit someone’s garage that has interesting bikes/projects sounds pretty fun. Of course, I never seem to make those for one reason or another so perhaps my input is not very valid.

I mostly dirt ride, sometimes with my vintage dirt bikes. But I’ve learned the dirt riding I like is not for everyone. But perhaps a vintage dirt ride sometime would be fun- with an easy location and moderate pace? Something like Footies perhaps (everything there is pretty darn easy).

Mark
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby John H » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Now I could get into vintage dirt bike riding. Might embarrass myself as it's been about 12 years since I've been riding.
It's been longer than that since the Alpina was fired up. Where does time go.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Dragonknee » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Talking we are now. I like that and hope that if your interested in the dirt rides that some of you can get together and ride and those that are interested in the street rides will go ride with some of those that want to. I do alot of rides to other club stuff and would like to have some ride with me. Its a good thing for us to do that...
Dragonknee

Postby cws3rd » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Hey Guys,

Newish member here, Charles with the KZ1000 Police Bike. Regarding meetings and meets, I never seem to know about or remember until I log in randomly to Olymoto.com and then see that I've missed something. If there is a way to have a reminder of meetings emailed to all the members the day or two before I think it would help tremendously. I'm in the real estate sales business and life can get very distracting sometimes!

Regards,
Charles
"People are often misquoted on the Internet."- Abe Lincoln
cws3rd

Postby ClineDesign » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:35 pm

I told Siri to set up a reminder of the motorcycle meeting on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Next

Return to General Discussion