Bonneville Salt Flats , SpeedWeek August 12th - 18th, 2017

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Bonneville Salt Flats , SpeedWeek August 12th - 18th, 2017

Postby salt-racer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Guys,
Well, it's that time for our race team to make the trip to the famous 'White Dyno' Bonneville Salt Flats and participate in Speed Week. I haven't made any 'major' mods to the record setting engine from last years runs but I did a few minor such as;
changing blower drive pulley ratio raising plenum boost from 5 psi to 8-10psi, I had the steel rotary disc Teflon coated by Calico Coatings in N. Carolina, and did some combustion chamber blueprinting (squish adjustment).

I've gathered some additional sprockets (taller ratio's) to take with me and I'm shooting for 130mph+ with my hybrid Kawasaki/Yamaha 125cc single. It's a nasty little fuel injected, blown, intercooled and ready to set some records, two-stroke! Once again, later in the meet, I plan to 'tip the can' and run a 20% load of nitromethane after my planned straight methanol runs.

Jay Cline helped the race team AAA racing from Australia to get in touch with me after last years run, 2016 speed week, and since that time, AAA team member JP Afflick and myself have become good friends. Team AAA racing will be racing at Bonneville this year and in fact, will be running to take one of my current 100cc records with their blown fuel Honda!!
They will also be sharing our campsite, should be a lot of FUN around the camp fire! Thanks Jay, for your assistance.

I would like to thank all my supportive friends especially John H. and my sponsors, Maxima Racing Oils, Port Angeles Power Equipment, A-1 Auto, In Graphic Detail, Dog-House Powder Coating, Don Love Trucking and numerous others who contribute to the team and make it possible.
This is looking to be a Great year!

George
Tri-Mac Speedsters,
Sequim, WA
salt-racer

Re: Bonneville Salt Flats , SpeedWeek August 12th - 18th, 20

Postby ATinkerer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:24 am

Good luck George.
Remember to enjoy the moments.

Gordon
If it isn't smoking, it's broken.
ATinkerer

Postby ClineDesign » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 am

George, pick me up one of those nifty AAA racing T-shirts if they brought any along. X-large please.

And good luck!

Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby DougErickson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:09 pm

Go get 'em George!!
DougErickson

Postby Dragonknee » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Very cool George, Hope all goes well with the week of chasing the next level... Best of luck...
Dragonknee

Return to General Discussion