Super Fly at Peninsula College

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Super Fly at Peninsula College

Postby ClineDesign » Wed May 25, 2016 10:35 am

George showed his 125cc Bonneville Salt Flats racer to an attentive Peninsula College Automotive Technology class Wednesday morning.

Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Re: Super Fly at Peninsula College

Postby salt-racer » Wed May 25, 2016 9:53 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed sharing Super Fly and my salt flat racing story with the college students (and instructors). Thanks for coordinating the event Jay!

George
salt-racer

Postby John H » Thu May 26, 2016 7:48 am

Good job George and Jay. Wouldn't be fun to have a Bonneville project like some of the other colleges have. Or even
a drag bike they could run locally. I nominate George as a consultant.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby ClineDesign » Thu May 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Mike Hansen, Automotive Technology instructor, has considered having the class build a drag car for racing at the Forks dragstrip and teaches an alternative fuels class.

The Automotive Technology program also takes in donated cars to refurbish and give to Peninsula College students who meet low income requirements of the Peninsula College Foundation. Other donated cars that can't be fixed economically are donated to local fire departments to be cut up using jaws of life type tools in extrication training. Instructor, Mike Hansen is also a lieutenant volunteer firefighter with the Port Angeles Fire Dept. Mike has taught Port Angeles firefighters the dangers of cutting up new electric cars in they event someone needed to be extricated from one.

Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Return to General Discussion