AAA Land Speed Racing Team attempts at Mojave Mile

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

AAA Land Speed Racing Team attempts at Mojave Mile

Postby ClineDesign » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:44 am

Afflick - Afflick & Afflick - AAA Land Speed Racing Team attempts at Mojave Mile

1st run Sunday - went hard into 5th gear but jumped back into 4th, selected 5th again and ran 98.7mph through the timers, rode it out the back door at 107mph. Fueling up and going again. Going to hold 5th gear with my foot and see if we can get a 105mph through the timers. No internet so sorry for lack of info.

Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Re: AAA Land Speed Racing Team attempts at Mojave Mile

Postby ClineDesign » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:17 pm

Just had run 2 Sunday. Ran hard in 4th and just missed at 11700rpm selected 5th and held with foot and ran 102.6mph. The air density is at 89%. So we are jetting her up and putting 20% Nitro in for one last shot in the heat.
ClineDesign

Postby ClineDesign » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Last run for us at the The Mojave Mile. Had 20% Nitro in the bike as a test and nosed over in top gear and burnt the plug. 102.6mph will have to do for this race in the heat at 40 degrees and the air density at 86%. So we hope we get our second chance at the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials. We will need to swap the engines out as Mr Hondas gearbox needs some work.

ClineDesign

Postby salt-racer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I grew-up in the Mojave area, in Rosamond, CA (which is about 15 miles north). One of my good friends (and fellow Bonneville racers), Steve, still lives in Rosamond and spectated at the SCTA Mojave Mile event this weekend. He said he made it a point to meet the guy's from down-under, the Afflick team.
He said they were very friendly and great to talk to. He mentioned that he was friends with the guy currently holding the 100cc blown fuel speed record from Bonneville, and they said "oh that guy, we are going to take that record".
I smiled when Steve gave me the news, and I truly hope they do it. It's just not always that easy, as it seems there is always 'Murphy's law.

George
salt-racer

Return to General Discussion