Speed Week 2015

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Speed Week 2015

Postby salt-racer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Well, it's official, Speed Week 2015 is rained-out (again).
I got a text from my race buddy today just after noontime. Seems the powerful rain storms that hit California,Arizona and Nevada also invaded Utah. The sanctioning body, SCTA said they would let us know if the event was dead or alive by July 22nd, but these latest storms must have been the final nail in the coffin!
There is one final event of the year that I may be able to participate and get in the record book. It's called World Finals and it happens in late September if I remember correctly. Crowds and temperatures are usually down, but poor weather conditions often shorten or cancel it too!
Wait and see is all that's left.....
The bike is sure running good, it's a shame I don't have mother nature on my side.
I REALLY feel sorry for the fellows from other continents who shipped their bikes/cars over for a dry run!

George
salt-racer

Re: Speed Week 2015

Postby ClineDesign » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am

The SCTA is thinking about holding an event at the Mojave Airport in California. If they do, will you race there before the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials?
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Re: Speed Week 2015

Postby salt-racer » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Hello Jay,
As a registered pre-entry to Speed Week, I was asked to fill out a survey to weather or not I would participate 'if' in fact they decided to run at the Mojave Mile. I gave it some serious thought but decided I would rather wait and take a chance that SCTA would open the salt for World Finals which, 'if' they do, would happen September 29th through October 2nd.

Several reasons;
The Mojave Mile is only a 'mile' (total) and I may need a tad more concrete to get to top speed. The event is only a two day meet, single track and the wind often comes up there in the desert, slowing things down. Trying to get several runs with 160 entries (maximum allowed) would seem difficult to pull-off!

I'll sit tight and hope the salt dries out later in the year.

George
salt-racer

Return to General Discussion