Super-Fly LSR attempt

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Re: Super-Fly LSR attempt

Postby salt-racer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:57 am

Hi Guys
It's 2015 so I figured I should begin making the small changes to the LSR before road tests this spring.
Having some serious doubt's or reservations with my fuel delivery system (pulse pump flow capacity), I have decided to install a small 12v automotive 'Facet cube' pump. John happened to have a used one in his inventory and offered it 'for-the-cause'! Thanks John!
The old pulse pump technology seemed to work fine if you supplied a good crankcase signal, but I noticed at higher engine rpm's (13,000) the output flow, while observed through a clear fuel line, started to diminish at upper revs. These small pumps must suffer from something similar to 4-stroke valve float at higher rpm's.
The possibility of running lean would spell disaster at Bonneville at mile 2 and WOT!
This situation could only be worst if I decided to run the 20% Nitro configuration, which requires even larger jetting....
So, last night, I started plumbing the new electric pump, with electrical wiring to follow.
The LSR rules require electric pumps to have a shut-off switch as well as fuel shut-off valve, both operated at the handle bars.
I'll try to put some pics up as the mod progresses.

The PLAN is to run at Bonneville August 2015!

George
salt-racer

Previous

Return to General Discussion