trial on the Isl

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

trial on the Isl

Postby Lotus54 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:17 pm

I had another great Time at the Trial over on Whidbey a island.
The location is a neat spot, avaliable for rental for events etc.

I made the usual bonehead mistakes and got a five for catching the tape on my foot (hovering for balance) and breaking the out of bounds tape.
Good enough for a second- the guy I rode the lops and sections with rode intermediate- and he is a suburb rider. He doubled his score one one of the last ones we did (we skipped around a bit when it got backed up)- and ended up with a 6 total!!

I rode my OSSA in'Explorer' mode, I didn't pull the tank/seat etc.
I quite liked the Clake II LHRB/Clutch/clutch assist setup. I changed the clutch cam in it today, to have the clutch disengauge slightly quicker. Pretty cool setup!
I had it set to disengage the clutch partway when I used the LHRB- and that saved me on one section. There was a uphill, super tight turn that went between two trees that the bars needed to be tuned to get through. Using just the LHRB lever I could come to a stop, balance and work my way through- should have been a lot harder using the footbrake and clutch.
Of course, I'm still very much a novice.

There were some neat vintage trials bikes there- including a Fantic.
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Re: trial on the Isl

Postby Dragonknee » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:43 am

Sounds very cool... I will have to watch that sometime... I always liked watching trials..
Dragonknee

Return to General Discussion