Its sad....

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Its sad....

Postby Dragonknee » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:40 pm

We have this great place to meet and we don't... there is only a few of us that use this and well.... that's sad... I would hope that it would be a great tool to have get togethers and such but it doesn't seem to work..... SO what do we do... I tried and asked to get people on here but to no avail... SO NOW WHAT?..... :?
Dragonknee

Re: Its sad....

Postby DougErickson » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 pm

we need a common goal- ideas?
DougErickson

Postby BluK100RS » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:18 pm

What we seem to have here is "old guys" and "working guys", The old guys are used to spending time alone, doing nothing in particular, and the working guys have that one day of the week to fill all the things they want to and have to do.
BluK100RS

Postby John H » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:22 pm

I agree with BluK100RS except I'm an old guy who likes company stopping buy just about anytime.
I told Blake I would have another BBQ at my shop, on a Sunday. Hopefully it won't rain this time.
Shop meets are more interesting for me as well as vintage bikes, which is why I joined the group.
I'm a fair weather rider so hopefully I'll get some riding in with you guys this summer.
I'll post the BBQ when I know it won't interfere with any other events.
Don't give up Jim.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Lotus54 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:09 pm

What about old guys that are still working?

My TLR project is coming along.
I'll probably sell it- especially after getting the XT. I don't have street stuff on it- but it is there in the box.

Mark
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby Dragonknee » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm glad to be a part of anything people want to do... I have weekends off and look forward to hanging and riding. John, I'm glad that you havent given up on us... Look forward to hanging out and sundays make it so that Blake and Dan can make it... I stoked to get the ball rolling... Its a good thing...
Dragonknee

Postby GUZZME » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 am

I think we have a great core of guys. Gordon,John,Murph,Doug and Dan are fountains of knowledge. I like the dinners together but being a single dad my time is limited. But it would be fun to do more things together and get some new cats in the group. But Iam not a myface chatbook social medea kinda guy. Infact when iam off work the last thing I want to do is sit at a computer.
GUZZME

Postby Dragonknee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:11 am

Well, I think that its a group effort and not just a one man show... we all have to help this survive.. I for one think that its a great group of people that show up month after month....Sad that it has dwindled... Grab a friend and bring them. Have some ideas to share at the meeting and come up with things to do... Sundays seem to be the day to do all this for most to make it... so...as far as I know... its always life that happens while your making plans... so.... hopefully we can do this...
Dragonknee

Return to General Discussion