2013 Vintage Motorcycle Festival @ LeMay Tacoma

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

2013 Vintage Motorcycle Festival @ LeMay Tacoma

Postby ClineDesign » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:27 pm

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/news.php?nid=467

Second annual vintage bike show runs August 24-25 on museum’s Haub Family Field

WHAT: 2nd Annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival
WHEN: August 24-25, 2013 (Show Saturday; Ride Sunday)
WHERE: LeMay – America’s Car Museum, 2702 East D Street, Tacoma, WA 98421

TACOMA, Wash. (Dec. 4, 2012) – Classic motorcycles, some dating as far back as 1912, will return to Tacoma for the second annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival at LeMay – America’s Car Museum (ACM) August 24-25, 2013.
The Vintage Motorcycle Festival is one of the signature events at the 165,000 square-foot Tacoma museum and will feature motorcycles from many famous makers including BMW, Ducati, Triumph, Honda, Norton, Kawasaki, Harley-Davidson, BSA, Indian, Vespa and many Italian marques from bygone eras.

“Last year’s event was a great success, and we’re planning to build on that momentum with an even bigger show this year and beyond,” said David Madeira, ACM president and CEO. “America loves motorcycles, and we want the Vintage Motorcycle Festival to be the top bike weekend in the Pacific Northwest, drawing passionate motorcycle fans and aficionados from all over the region. Last year we had several entrants from across the border in British Columbia and a slew from Oregon. We are looking forward to seeing our friends from Idaho, California and beyond join us next August.”

The inaugural event in 2012 attracted more than 200 motorcycles and 2,000 enthusiasts to ACM’s Haub Family Field. Best of Show was won by a 1963 Norton Atlas owned by Ron Rumbolz of Fife, Wash., which is now on display at the museum.

Like last year, the 2013 Vintage Motorcycle Festival’s main event will be on Saturday and will include judged classes and awards, a swap meet, motorcycle demonstrations, panel discussions and live music at ACM. On Sunday, a scenic motorcycle ride launches from the Museum’s plaza and will travel along spectacular Pacific Northwest highways and byways.

Discounted registration is available for motorcycles signing up from March 1 to May 15, 2013. To register a motorcycle for the Vintage Motorcycle Festival, contact Show Chairman Burt Richmond at burt@fitzrich.com.

Booth space is also available and can be purchased by contacting Bill Vadino, Event Manager at ACM. For more information, visit http://www.lemaymuseum.org or bill.vadino@lemaymuseum.org.
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Re: 2013 Vintage Motorcycle Festival @ LeMay Tacoma

Postby Dragonknee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:47 am

Who's going to go to this? Looks like it would be fun to do
Dragonknee

Postby ClineDesign » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:30 pm

I plan on going.
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby John H » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:33 am

Last year the Vincent Lightning took third place to a couple of old BMW racers. Explanation? 'because I over restored it'.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Lotus54 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 am

I went to the MC show and also the auto museum yesterday.
Pretty fun, lots of neat bikes. The Trials show was great also.

Cool 1957 Motobi twin.

Wine I was a Benelli dealer, I had the opportunity to buy these new at a great price (still a load of money). With I could have gotten a couple.

This is exactly like the 650 Tornado I used to own.

And this great Bultaco

In the car museum, a Lotus Formula racer .
Years ago I had the chance to get a Formula Junior very similar to this one really cheap. Dang I wish I would have.

I've owned two of this exact same model Europa. (Type 54)
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Return to General Discussion