Burt Welleford’s Legendary Ride Around America 2013

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Burt Welleford’s Legendary Ride Around America 2013

Postby ClineDesign » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 am

http://www.thebikersgarage.com/burt-wel ... rica-2013/

This is Burt Welleford’s 1951 Vincent Black Shadow. Anyone who has been around motorcycles any length of time knows the name “Vincent,” the history, and legend of the marque. Burt’s Vincent has it’s own history, before it was Burt’s, it was his father’s, and before that, his grandfather’s, who purchased the Black Shadow new in 1951. This Vincent has been in the Welleford family for well over a half century, it just hasn’t been in the family, it is family. Because of their rarity, some Vincent motorcycles have sold for as much $100,000 and are very much a collector’s item, but, this one isn’t for sale, and as far as Burt is concerned, it’s priceless.

Burt Welleford is a man on a mission, starting June 2013, he’s risking it all by taking a ride around the edges of the lower 48 states on his Vincent Black Shadow.
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Re: Burt Welleford’s Legendary Ride Around America 2013

Postby John H » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Bert will find many Vincent friends while traveling around the country. He may even run into Bill Easter, who has logged more than a half million miles on his Vincent. I'm sure they will meet at the Vincent Internal Rally later this summer near Portland.
My 53 Black Shadow is in a box and will get restored one of these days.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Return to General Discussion