Whatcha workin on there?

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Re: Whatcha workin on there?

Postby John H » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Are you making room for a race track? Sure looks nice. Are you going pole barn or steel? Gook luck.

John
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby Dragonknee » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Da Nag wrote:You guys are having waaaay too much fun. Here's what I'm working on.

Getting ready for the 42x60 barn/workshop. Had to have 300+ yards of dirt moved. And no...I didn't do all that with the Kubota.

Once done, the two wheeled projects can proceed full speed ahead. And...we'll have another local BBQ and party location.

Cool... need a hand cuz we got lots of helpers...
Dragonknee

Postby Da Nag » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 am

John H wrote:Are you making room for a race track? Sure looks nice. Are you going pole barn or steel?

Funny you mention the track...I've thought of putting in something simple, looping around the property. The neighbors would love that... :shock:

Going pole - looked into conventional, but couldn't go as large as I wanted while staying within budget.

Dragonknee wrote:Cool... need a hand cuz we got lots of helpers...

Heh...I'll save my favor requests for the bikes. There will be plenty coming.

However, somewhat related to this project - I need to order up some pallet forks for the Kubota to offload materials. The problem: I need to find a local commercial address with a loading dock - that's the only way the place I'm getting them will deliver.

Anyone have any pointers? Don't want to ask Sunset or PA Power - both of them sell tractor implements, so asking them might be a tad...dorkish. Typically I try and buy local, but I'm already over budget and there's not a pole in the ground yet...and the place I found is selling for less than 1/2 of what I'd pay here.
Da Nag

Postby ClineDesign » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm

The Peninsula Daily New has a loading dock at their old warehouse on Front street. Talk with publisher John Brewer and tell him I sent you. Won't do any good to tell him that but it can't hurt... Would be best if you are a subscriber...
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby Lotus54 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:20 pm

You cold also give the locals a chance to match the price (or come close)

I understand about budgets.
Even with that I've been trying to buy. Bike parts at PAPower as much as possible- to keep them in bussiness.
Last edited by Lotus54 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby John H » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 am

Here's a most unusual Norton rebuild. Wish I knew his secret.

John
http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKqpvriKZuA
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby GUZZME » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am

someone with a good camera needs to get some shots of Dave Bracketts 2 engine three wheeler.
GUZZME

Postby ClineDesign » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

I'd love to shoot pix of it!
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby Lotus54 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:28 am

I've been working on a 2002 KTM 200 EXC (plated)
Found it in Sequim cheap, gettin it set up for a riding buddies kid (bumping up form a XC85)

This had been really fun, found some nice things already on it.
Flywheel weight, Gnarly pipe, FMF spark arrestor muffler.
I found a used softer rear spring more suited to his weight, installed an 'X-bushing' to lower the rear, dropped the forks a bit in the triples (or raised them, depending on how you look at it).
It has an aftermarket seat ( plus nice stocker) that I will cut down. The bike should be low enough for him then (I hope).

I pulled the head (it was an SX head I found out) and sent it off to be cut, setting the squish and raising compression.
I took out the thicker base gaskets and installed the thinnest one- lowering the ports a bit for better low end.
I'll adjust the PV to keep mellow power with the best bottom end and it is already jetted a little rich for nice fat bottom power.
Next I think will be a Rekluse and their new LHRB (left hand rear brake) setup. I made one myself from a mountain bike master, but this will be a lot eaisier. It keeps the foot pedal also and full clutch action. Those are great in the woods, I keep a finger on each brake most of the time, makes controlled braking super easy. Especially with a trials tyre, since those are not that effective when locked up, but fantastic if you keep them from locking. Oh yeah, it has a trials read already (although different brand than my favorite).

It should be a great cheater bike for the woods!
Those KTMs are certainly well made. And of course the friendly parts people at Our local dealer have been really helpful.
It is fun to spend other people's money!

Sure wish I had the Money to just work on stuff like this all the time. But I've worked as a mechanic, I'm pretty slow- so it is hard to make a living. I like to take my time and be super meticulous.
Pics to follow
Mark
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby Lotus54 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 pm

And the latest farkle for the 300 (please don't post how much it cost!)

Lotus54

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion