Whatcha workin on there?

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Whatcha workin on there?

Postby DougErickson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:44 am

I thought it would be fun to let others know what is in process. Right now my son's 94 CR125/144 is top priority with coolant leaks and sloppy linkage, it could also use some tires but that will wait. I have also begun to Ebay the parts to convert the mighty 85 KTM500 from rear drum to disc. I did that to the 250 a few years ago and it transformed the bike. It will also get a thicker base gasket and Keihin carb since I'm no longer able to start it (left side kick you know). The Bonneville will come in at some point for fork seals and boots and maybe electronic ignition. The 72 CL450 seems to have an electrical issue I need to sort out. The 74 350-4 project will get started if my young son stays interested. Then there is an assortment of old Evinrudes, but that is another story! Join in with your projects! Doug
DougErickson

Re: Whatcha workin on there?

Postby ClineDesign » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I'd like to see the Bonneville!

Here is my project 77 GS500 Suzuki
The bike was stripped to the frame over winter, should have it all back together by spring...

I think this 'muffler' might end up being very loud:

Carbs were stripped, cleaned and rejetted for pods:

Looking forward to getting the electrics sorted out and hearing it fire up for the first time in over a year:
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby Lotus54 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Suzuki is looking good!

I'm getting my OSSA ready to ship to Australia.
After that, the next plan is getting my GasGas set up for mountain trails (it is a trials bike)
I have some aluminum sheet I will make a real fuel tank out of, then have a spare KTM seat I'll use so it will have a real seat.

Should be great on those super tight single tracks.

I may tackle tha front end mods on my Ducati also, I have some ideas for a different headlamp/ bodywork.

aprilia just needs a bit of fine tuning for track season next year.

Mark
1976 OSSA Super Pioneer- 78 Benelli 750 sei,72 250 2C Benelli, 68 Benelli Dynamo trail, 76 OSSA GPII Phantom, Beta XTrainer 300, Lotus Elan S3
Lotus54

Postby Dragonknee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 am

I have my 73 Moto Guzzi and Mark and I are talking about how to fix it the easiest and best way. I also have #2 Yamaha It175's that I want to get ready for a little trail work next summer.... I also have a KLR650 for a little back roads rides along with my wifes 94 Yamaha Serow 225.... Hope we can find others that want to do some fire service road rides...
Dragonknee

Postby GUZZME » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 am

Ya! The GS looks great! Iam planning on doing a tear down on the LeMans this off season if I can make the time and find the $$. Need to replace the soft parts; wet lines,gaskets and such. Jay, did you get a new Scrambler??
GUZZME

Postby ClineDesign » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

I bought a carbureted 2007 Scrammie with 3,000 miles on it. Better on my back and more my (slow) speed... :D Much too quiet, need to remove baffles or Arrow 2-into-1.
The STR sold quickly.
ClineDesign

Postby TAB » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi Guys-Change in the weather and the spanners come out, eh?
Just pulled the head off my 69 Bonneville-New head, pushrod tube and rockerbox gaskets should be here Friday. Oil control never ends.
Side question (as I might ask John H) anyone got a good torque wrench I could borrow for a day? Needs to be accurate in the 15 to 30lb range--I won't use my beam one for the head and my son moved with his .
Also can someone tell me where this weeks meeting is?
Thanks-See you there. Tom

TAB

Postby TAB » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 pm

PS Hey Jay-Both bikes look good! I want to see them both.
TAB

Postby ClineDesign » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 am

TAB wrote: Also can someone tell me where this weeks meeting is?
Thanks-See you there. Tom

The meeting is Thursday night at the Islander in Sequim. Come on over and see the bikes!

Carbs and air cleaners mounted:
ClineDesign

Postby John H » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 am

Preview: Re: Whatcha workin on there?
I really enjoy seeing what projects you guys are in to.
My next project is the complete restoration / update of English Thunder. It's an old land speed racer that I hope to run at Bonneville next August. Originally a Vincent 1000cc, it's now 1650cc with Kinsler/Hilborn fuel injection set up for methanol. It will get either a much modified frame or possibly a new one, that will include suspension on the rear. I'll post updates as the project develops.
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Next

Return to General Discussion