Land Speed Racer

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

Re: Land Speed Racer

Postby Dragonknee » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Good luck you guys... we are all there for you.... wish I could be there with you.... but alas the work is happening and I must stay and take it while I can..... We know that you can do it....
Dragonknee

Postby salt-racer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Hey Jim,
Thanks for the Good Luck wish, at the salt, we can always use a little.
Work is a necessary thing in the 'real' world (and I try to avoid it). HaHa
If you can manage to get a vacation from work next year, please join us!
John and I have a blast for that one week on the salt and if your competing, seriously like us it is work too! :roll:

We should have some good stories to share upon our return this year!!

George
salt-racer

Postby ClineDesign » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm

We expect news updates and photos posted as they happen!!!
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby John H » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Any of you guys that want to follow George's progress, go to this link:
http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville.html This will show daily updates.

John
[i][color=#4040BF]John[/color][/i]
John H

Postby salt-racer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks John for posting the site for official Speedweek results which will begin August 10th and go through the 16th.

To further assist anyone trying to follow our progress, look under the daily "Short Course" results (3 mile runs max) for vehicle #476B ('B' in the number designates Bikes) 100cc APS-BG (blown-gasoline class), team 'Tri-Mac-Speedsters'.

Like I said earlier, if all goes well in the 'gasoline class' we will reconfigure the induction system, re-number as vehicle #1476B, 100cc APS-BF (blown-fuel class), fill her up with Methanol (& nitro :shock: ) and kick some booty... :D

George
salt-racer

Postby ClineDesign » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Where did the name Tri-Mac Speedsters come from?
Always wear protective gear. Usually SPF 30 will do.
ClineDesign

Postby salt-racer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:19 am

Hi Jay,
Thanks for following and posting the results from the Tri-Mac Speedsters at Bonneville. John and I returned home to Sequim last night around 12:30. What a TRIP! John and I will have plenty to share at our next get together......setting speed records in the Blown Gas and the Blown Fuel 100cc classes. Our exit speed on the "long course" on Thursday running 20% nitro with methanol was 99.1 mph! Unfortunately our Friday morning while attempting to back it up on our follow-up record run (which started fast, 97mph at the 1st mile) ended at the 1.25 mile with a holed piston (I will confirm at teardown). We were goin' for it..... what can I say!!!
As for the name Tri-Mac Speedsters, My older brother Joe McMurray (deceased) had introduced myself and another brother Jim to land racing at El Mirage dry lake in California back in the 70's and we often talked about running something but circumstances (and funding) prevented anything from really coming together. In 2007, in memory or our brother Joe, Jim and I made our first trip to the Bonneville salt flats as spectators.... which soon led to plans to run our own vehicle ( a blown two-stroke). We needed a cool team name and Brother Jim came up with "three Mac's or "Tri-Mac Speedsters" (Joe, Jim & George).
Now, you know "the rest of the story"!

George,
Tri-Mac Speedsters, Land Race Team
salt-racer

Previous

Return to General Discussion