An idea

If in doubt, or it doesn't seem to fit elsewhere - put it here.

An idea

Postby DougErickson » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:49 am

We all know how it is when we are out on the old bikes, someone will will come up and chat about our bike and tell some stories of their own about their old bike experiences. Or we see someone on an old bike around town and may talk with them awhile and even tell them about the group but they are lost to us for lack of follow up. WHAT IF we had some business cards made that had the web address and logo etc. and enough room to hand write on some appropriate info as we give it to the interested peron. Info like meeting time and place,our name and phone number etc. We could keep a few in our wallet and pass them out with info as we see fit. I would be happy to put in a few bucks towards this-anyone else? Doug
DougErickson

Re: An idea

Postby Da Nag » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 am

Good idea, Doug - and I can tell you from experience, it works very well.

As some of you may know, I run a boating site - The C-Brats for C-Dory owners. Throughout the years, many of the participants there have done the same thing, albeit on their own. We supply the site logo to anyone interested, and any of a number of online places will whip them up cheap. Vistaprint.com is a popular choice...they almost always have a special going where one can get 250 cards for $10 or so.

We've gained tons of new members from handing out these cards to curious folks met on the road/water.
Da Nag

Re: An idea

Postby Dragonknee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Thats a good idea... Doug we can discuss that tonight at the meeting and if you want you can get the ball rolling for it. Jay Cline has been very help full in the design area...chat with him about it..
Dragonknee

Return to General Discussion